We are happy to announce that our October newsletter is now available online and in print. Click below to read about the exciting learning opportunities GLC students have had in the last month!
Copies are also available at local businesses and organizations, as well as the GLC office. Thank you to our student writers and staff mentors for their continued dedication!
The GLC news team has completed our first edition of the 2016-17 monthly newsletter. Please click the link below to read about the exciting events happening within our school.
Remember that paper copies are available at local businesses throughout our district, every month.
We want to extend a very warm welcome to our returning students and to our new students. We are excited about the wonderful and unique learning opportunities that we have planned for this school year. To help families get ready for the new school year, we thought we would provide a few reminders:
- the First Day of School for students is on Tuesday, August 30, 2016 at 8:20 am and dismissal is at 2:35 pm
- we want to welcome our new staff members: Doris St. Jules, VP/SERT/Teacher, Heather Skedgel and Erin Zavadil are both returning teachers to our school, and Lori Pond is returning to our school as an Educational Assistant.
- we also want to congratulate two employees to permanent positions at our school: Nancy Hay, Administrative Assistant (permanent half-time) and Jennifer Cunningham, Custodian.
- the Nutritional Break times have changed slightly: First Break is from 10:00 – 10:25 and the Second Break is from 12:05 – 12:55
- First Day packages will be sent home with the youngest or only child in each family. Please complete and return these documents as soon as possible.
- Breakfast Club will commence on Tuesday, Sept. 6th and will be available daily starting at 7:45. Mrs. Haney will continue to be the coordinator and will be happy to accept any volunteers.
- Class lists will be posted on the front doors on Monday, August 29th at noon.
We are looking forward to seeing our students’ bright and smiling faces on Tuesday morning!
This month, KPDSB will hold two Hockey Canada Skills Academy Open Houses. Both Ear Falls and Red Lake open houses are scheduled for Tuesday, April 26th. In Ear Falls,the event will be hosted at the Ear Falls Arena (12:00 pm). In Red Lake, the open house will be held at Red Lake District High School (5:00 pm). Children and parents are invited to attend and to learn more about this exciting program and the opportunities it offers your child. Registration is also now open at GLC, RLDHS, RLMPS and EFPS. If you have any questions, please contact the school’s principal.
GLC’s latest newsletter is now available! Written by our student reporters, this issue covers recent school events – The Blue Dot Campaign, 2016 Science Fair, our new water fountain, Ms. MacIver’s fairytale unit and our expanding sports’ opportunities. We are very proud of this student initiative and invite you to take a few moments to read the articles. GLC staff and students thank our writers and editors for the time and commitment they have dedicated to this endeavour. An online version can be accessed 2016 April Newsletter.